Current version 1.6.2
To simplify your life when designing in Fusion 360 for Origin, we recommend installing the Shaper Utilities Add-In for Fusion 360.
To install this Add-In, follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilites (Mac)
2. Open your Downloads folder, locate the file called "ShaperUtilities-macos.pkg" and double-click to open.
- Note: You may need to right click the installer and "Open With > Installer" to open it as an Admin
3. Follow the prompts in the Installer. You may need to enter your password to complete installation.
4. After you've installed the Add-in, open Autodesk Fusion 360. The Shaper Utilities Add-in will appear on the Design Workspace under the Utilities tab
Troubleshooting the Add-In Installer on MacOS
If you receive an error message referring to an unidentified developer, follow Apple's instructions here: Open an app from an unidentified developer
If you receive an error message referring to permissions issues, follow Apple's instructions here: Changing permissions in your Home Folder
If you are able to install the Add-In, but it doesn't appear when you start Fusion 360, follow the steps below. Restart Fusion between each step in order to see if the Add-In is now visible:
- In Fusion 360, go to [Your Name] > Preferences 'Restore Defaults.'
- Uninstall Fusion 360 using the Autodesk Clean Uninstall: Uninstall Fusion 360
- Then reinstall Fusion 360 from the Autodesk App Store: Install Fusion 360
- Then reinstall ShaperUtilities
- Learn how to confirm the file installation location with this Autodesk help doc
- If necessary, you can manually move the Add-In [ShaperUtilities.bundle] to the correct location, which is: Library > Containers > com.autodesk.mas.fusion360 > Data > Library > Application Support > Autodesk > Application Plugins
- You may need to perform this step even if the ShaperUtilities.bundle already exists in this folder
- If your Add-In still does not load, please send us an email and we'll get you sorted out
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilities (Win64)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-win64.msi" and double-click to open.
3. Follow the installation instructions.
4. After you've installed the Add-in, open Autodesk Fusion 360. The Shaper Utilities Add-in will appear on the Design Workspace under the Tools tab.
If the Add-In does not appear, restart Fusion 360.