Current version 1.4.1
To simplify your life when designing in Fusion 360 for Origin, we recommend installing the Shaper Utilities Add-In for Fusion 360.
To install this Add-In, follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilites (Mac)
2. Open your Downloads folder, locate the file called "ShaperUtilities-macos.pkg" and double-click to open.
3. Follow the prompts in the Installer. You may need to enter your password to complete installation
4. After you've installed the Add-in, open Autodesk Fusion 360. The Shaper Utilities Plugin should appear right next to the Add-In button
Note: If you are using the new UI in F360, the Add-In will appear on the Design screen under Tools:
Troubleshooting the Add-In Installer on macos
If you receive an error message referring to an unidentified developer, follow Apple's instructions here: Open an app from an unidentified developer
If you receive an error message referring to permissions issues, follow Apple's instructions here: Changing permissions in your Home Folder
If you are able to install the Add-In, but it doesn't appear when you start Fusion 360, follow the steps below. Restart Fusion between each step in order to see if the Add-In is now visible:
- In Fusion 360, go to [Your Name] > Preferences 'Restore Defaults.'
- Uninstall Fusion 360 using the Autodesk Clean Uninstall: Uninstall Fusion 360
- Then reinstall Fusion 360 from the Autodesk App Store: Install Fusion 360
- Learn how to confirm the file installation location with this Autodesk help doc
- If necessary, you can manually move the Add-In [ShaperUtilities.bundle] to the correct location, which is: Library > Containers > com.autodesk.mas.fusion360 > Data > Library > Application Support > Autodesk > Application Plugins
- You may need to perform this step even if the ShaperUtilities.bundle already exists in this folder
- If your Add-In still does not load, please send us an email and we'll get you sorted out
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilities (Win64)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-win64.msi" and double-click to open.
3. Follow the installation instructions.
4. Once installed, the Shaper Logo (underlined below) will now be visible in the top panel (when in modeling mode).
If the Add-In does not appear, restart Fusion 360.