Current version 1.4.1
To make the most of Origin, we recommend installing the Shaper Utilities app for Fusion 360. Follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilites (Mac)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-macos.pkg" and double click to open.
3. Follow the prompts in the installer. You may need to enter your password to complete installation
4. After you've installed the Add-in, open Autodesk Fusion 360. The Shaper Utilities Plugin should appear right next to the Add-In button
If you experience installation issues, follow these steps, restarting fusion between each one to check the success (no need to continue after the Add-In successfully initializes):
- First try resetting your Fusion preferences to default (under your user name in the top right > preferences). Remember to set the default modeling Orientation back to "Z up" if that's the way you like it.
- Make sure you've installed Fusion 360 from the Autodesk web site, not the app store: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/free-trial
- If you encounter an unidentified developer popup, follow Apple's instructions here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US
- If there are permissions issues, follow Apples instructions to reset permissions on your home directory here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilites (Win64)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-win64.msi" and double click to open.
3. Follow the installation instructions.
4. Once installed, the Shaper Logo (underlined below) will now be visible in the top panel (when in modeling mode).
If the Plugin does not appear, restart Fusion 360.