Current version 1.4.1
To make the most of Origin, we recommend installing the Shaper Utilities add-in for Fusion 360. Follow the instructions for your operating system below.
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilites (Mac)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-macos.pkg" and double click to open.
3. Follow the prompts in the installer. You may need to enter your password to complete installation
4. After you've installed the Add-in, open Autodesk Fusion 360. The Shaper Utilities Plugin should appear right next to the Add-In button
If you experience installation issues, follow these steps. Restart Fusion between each step in order to see if the Add-In is now visible (no need to continue after the Add-In successfully initializes):
- First, try resetting your Fusion preferences to default (under your user name in the top right > Preferences). Remember to set the default modeling Orientation back to "Z up" if that's the way you like it.
- Make sure that you have installed Fusion 360 from the Autodesk web site, NOT from the Apple App Store: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/free-trial
- If you encounter a popup window referring to applications downloaded from an unidentified developer, follow Apple's instructions here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US
- If there are permissions issues, follow Apples instructions to reset permissions on your home directory here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538
1. Download the Shaper Utilities from the Autodesk App Store: Shaper Utilities (Win64)
2. Open your Downloads folder and find the file called "ShaperUtilities-win64.msi" and double-click to open.
3. Follow the installation instructions.
4. Once installed, the Shaper Logo (underlined below) will now be visible in the top panel (when in modeling mode).
If the Plugin does not appear, restart Fusion 360.