Before we start cutting, we need to tell Origin where the tip of the bit is. Tapping Z Touch will drive the spindle down until the tip of the bit touches the material surface. If the material you are cutting is delicate or warped / distorted, you can touch off on another flat hard surface with Shaper tape applied. Origin uses a sensor located on its base, so ensure that Origin is completely over the material surface.
Now, tap Z Touch.
Make sure your hands are not on Origin's handles, as this might cause a failed Z Touch. Tap Plunge when ready.
Origin will plunge until it records the bit touching the material surface and then retract. When successful, you'll see a green checkmark.
If a red checkmark appears, ensure the following:
- A bit is installed in the collet
- The spindle is firmly clamped in the spindle mount
- Origin's base is completely over a flat material surface
- The material surface was not bumped during Z Touch
- Origin can see tape during Z Touch