Before we start cutting, we need to tell Origin where the tip of the bit is. Tapping Z Touch will drive the spindle down until the tip of the bit touches the worksurface. If the material you are cutting is delicate, warped, or irregular, you can touch off on another flat hard surface with ShaperTape applied. Origin uses a sensor located on its base during Z touch, so you must ensure that Origin's entire base is resting on the Z touch surface.
Now, tap Z Touch.
Make sure your hands are not on Origin's handles, as this might cause a failed Z Touch. Tap Z Touch when ready.
Origin will plunge until it records the bit touching the material surface and then retract. When successful, you'll see a green checkmark.
If a red checkmark appears, ensure the following:
- A bit is installed in the collet
- The spindle is firmly clamped in the spindle mount
- Origin's base is completely over a flat and uniform worksurface
- The material surface was not bumped during Z Touch
- Origin can see tape during Z Touch