Origin is shipped with a transport lock and a shaft clip.
When used together, these locks help to immobilize Origin's spindle and ensure that the tool can travel safely.
We suggest that you use these two locks whenever transporting your Origin. To install these locks:
- Unplug Origin
- Remove the cutter from the collet, but leave the collet installed in the spindle.
- Tighten the spindle clamp bolt (the hex screw on the side of the carriage) as tight as you would when you are cutting.
- Gently raise the spindle to the top of its range
- Insert the transport lock so that it is fully seated in the tool base
- Gently push the spindle down and seat the spindle fully into the transport lock
- Confirm that the spindle is fully seated into the Transport Lock. There must not be a large gap between the spindle and the Transport Lock. To fully insert it, you may have to move the spindle sideways, towards you, or away from you.
- Insert the Shaft Clip onto the exposed silver shaft. If it does not fit, check that the spindle is fully seated into the Transport lock
Return Origin to its Systainer, and you're good to go!