Like any power tool, Origin needs to be kept clean and maintained for optimal performance but regular maintenance is simple and straightforward.
Once you are done for the day, wipe down all surfaces (microfiber on the screen and lens covering) and store the tool in a cool, dry location when not in use.
Other maintenance best practices include:
- Always use Origin with a dust collection system that is powerful enough to keep chips and other debris out of the way.
- Use your Systainer whenever moving Origin, for safety and convenience
- Keep the touchscreen clean and be careful not to scratch it
- Regularly wipe the glass that covers the front LED lights and camera
- Periodically empty the chip tray.
- Check your bits for wear or discoloration. Once a bit begins to char, cut quality can quickly diminish.
- Remove the spindle and check the carriage mechanism to ensure there is no sawdust buildup. Do not wipe off the oil found on the screw threads. This lubricant keeps the Z-axis motion stage moving freely and smoothly.
- Make sure that there is nothing preventing free motion of the touch-off bar. Do not add oils or lubricants to the tool's skid pad surface.