Like any power tool, Origin needs to be kept clean and maintained for optimal performance. After use, wipe down all surfaces (use microfiber on the screen and lens covering) and store the tool in a cool, dry location when not in use.
- Use your Systainer whenever moving Origin, for safety and convenience
- Keep the screen clean and be careful not to scratch it
- Regularly wipe the glass that covers the front LED lights and camera
- Empty the chip tray.
- Check your bits for wear or discoloration. Once a bit begins to char, cut quality can quickly diminish.
- Always use Origin with a dust collection system that is powerful enough to keep chips and other debris out of the way.
- Remove the spindle and check the carriage mechanism to ensure there is no sawdust buildup.
- Make sure that there is nothing preventing free motion of the touch-off bar.