As an Origin pre-order customer, you are entitled to a free year of Fusion 360 from Autodesk. Just to clarify: Origin is design software agnostic, so you are certainly not required to use Fusion 360 to operate Origin. But if you have not tried Fusion 360, you really owe it to yourself to see how easy it is to create the designs you have in mind.
Fusion 360 is a powerful but relatively easy-to-use 3D design tool, and the Shaper Add-In for Fusion 360 makes it really easy to move from designing on screen to cutting on Origin.
To get started:
- Check your inbox (on the account you used to order your Origin) for an email with the Subject "Your Free Year of Fusion 360". Copy the code.
- Visit this site to sign in or create a new Autodesk account.
- Enter the code to download Fusion. Note: your one-year subscription begins when you enter the code. It's up to you when you want to start!
- The installation file will download to your computer.
- To install, open the installation file and follow the instructions on screen.
- Be sure to also install the Shaper Add-in for easy file importing to Origin.