Always use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Always wear appropriate eye protection.
- Hearing and respiratory protection is strongly recommended as it will reduce the risk of long-term personal injury.
Always dress properly.
- While in the workshop, you should always dress appropriately. Failure to do so can lead to serious injury.
- ALWAYS wear closed-toed shoes, tie back long hair, and roll up long sleeves.
- NEVER wear loose clothing or jewelry.
Stay alert, watch what you are doing, and use common sense when operating power tools.
- It is critical that you maintain awareness in a workshop environment. Any lapse in attention can cause serious injury.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. Keep observers, pets and children at a safe distance while operating power tools.
- Do not operate power tools under the influence of drugs or alcohol.