Adobe Illustrator is a popular vector design software. With the included template, you have a way to easily start new Illustrator projects optimized for Shaper Origin. The template will always open as a new file, so no need to worry about saving a new copy of it.
Note: this template will only work if you have Adobe Illustrator installed. You can download a free trial here.
How to Use the Template
For Users of Creative Suite 6 and Later Versions
1. Download and open the template file named Template for 6.ait (found attached at the bottom of the page).
2. Adobe Illustrator will open with a new file.
3. In the corner of the artboard you will see a guide for creating objects for Shaper. These 5 boxes show the different treatments you can give your design. The colors assigned to your design will encode the type of cut you will make once it is transferred into Origin. Use the eyedropper tool to assign colors and cut styles to your design. Save your files as .SVG when you are finished designing. For
For users of Creative Suite 5 and Earlier Versions:
1. Download the svg file named Template for 5.svg (found attached at the bottom of the page)
2. Open it in Illustrator and then re-save the file as a template (use the .ai file extension).
3. When saving, make sure that you set the document color scheme to RGB and the units to inches.