This saves a lot of hand manipulation and color-coding of 2D vector files.
To achieve this, save the 3D file from whatever package you work in. STEP is a good option.
- Open your "Data Panel" if it's not already, (hit the 9 little squares button underlined at the top of the image below)
- Choose a project you wish to upload the file into.
- Press the Upload button underlined in the data panel.
- Then select the file you wish to export
- When the upload is complete, close the panel
The 3D file now exists in your data panel. Double click it to open.